Monday, April 28, 2008

Four Years Ago

its 10:05 PM. Four years ago, I was pushing. And yelling. And anxiously awaiting what would happen in just over 60 minutes-- 11:17pm, to be exact, which would forever change my life. It is when I would become a mom.

My little man was born 4 years ago today. In that little body is every miracle I've ever believed in-- that of life and love and individuality and imagination and character and challenge and laughter and proof of God. I watch in awe as he becomes. I hold on as he grows. I cherish as he tests his courage. I hold my breath as he spreads his wings. I count my blessings each moment.

Yes, even those moments when he says (imagine the tone)-"FINE! MOM. DONT SAY THAT!" (sassy boy). Or "Mom! Don't sing" (bossy man), and even my favorite and most original- "no"-- because I know somewhere deep in my being that even this is only for now. I will cease to be the center of his world one day too soon, but he will never cease to be mine.

Happy Birthday, my little one. May you continue to be you-- you perfect boy.

No comments: