Thursday, June 19, 2008

Balance

I was in a yoga class last night and the teacher announced we were doing the position "Crow". Yeah, right, i thought-- maybe YOU are doing the position crow, but I'd rather not fall on my face. I sat.

Then she stopped. She talked about how fear holds us back. Asking our body to do something it doesnt usually do causes a sense of fear, she said, and I listened. Then she gracefully talked us thru what it should feel like each step of the way...and I was doing crow! Maybe it wasnt so beautiful, but there I was, with the weight of my body balanced on the back of my arms in perfect symmetry with the rest of my body. Victory!

This morning my yoga mat was still out, so Kade wanted to see what yoga looked like. I showed him some stretches...MORE! he said. So I showed him more...he mirrored my moves in a way that only a 4 year olds' body can effortlessly do. And only a 4 year olds' mind can embrace in a world where fear doesn't exist, and if mom is there, then all is well.

Balance. Fear. Victory.
Morning. noon. Night.
Childhood. Parenthood. Old Age.

All is well.

No comments: